Create Bake Make's dangerously easy melt-and-mix hazelnut slice is another family recipe that you will definitely come back to!
- 200 g arrowroot milk biscuits
- 125 g butter
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 120 g flaked almonds
- 2 blocks 200 g chocolate hazelnut bar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Line a 28 x 18cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Crush the biscuits using a food processor or rolling pin until they have broken into small pieces and set aside.
- Place the butter, condensed milk and golden syrup into a large saucepan and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the butter has melted and the ingredients have combined. Remove from heat.
- Add the crushed biscuits and flaked almonds to the saucepan and mix to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the slice tin and press down with the back of a spoon until the surface is smooth.
- Break the hazelnut chocolate into pieces and place it along with the coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 30-second spurts until the chocolate has almost melted and then stir. Pour the melted chocolate over the slice and place into the fridge for 2 hours or until the chocolate has set.
- Carefully remove the slice from the tin and cut into pieces to serve.
● You can use any kind of plain biscuit for this recipe.
● This slice will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
● You can leave baking paper hanging over the sides of the slice tin to help you remove it once it has set.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.0 g|
|- Sugars||40.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|