Try this for a winter salad! With pasta, beans and chicken, this becomes a meal fit for a cold-weather lunch or dinner. We love the delish flavour of feta throughout
- 375 g small pasta shells
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 200 g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 400 g shredded roasted chicken breast
- 400 g canned butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup drained, semi-sundried tomatoes in oil
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 100 g soft feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl with 1 tbsp of the oil. Toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Combine all ingredients in a small jug with remaining oil. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk well.
- Boil, steam or microwave green beans until tender. Drain.
- Add shredded chicken, green beans, butter beans, tomatoes, parsley and dressing to pasta. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with feta. Serve.
For a change, replace sun-dried tomatoes with 250g punnet halved cherry tomatoes.
As pasta will absorb dressing on standing, add it just before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||94.3 g|
|- Sugars||17.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.5 g|