You won't find a creamier dish than this delicious creamy beef with mushrooms! It's a filling family favourite for any day of the week, served with pasta.
- 500 g beef stir-fry strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 200 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 420 g can canned condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup beef stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- cooked bow tie pasta
- fresh chives to garnish
- sour cream, to serve
- Toss beef with half the oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large wok over a high heat until very hot. Add beef in two batches. Stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in same hot wok over a medium heat. Add onion. Stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft. Add paprika, mushrooms and paste. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in combined soup, stock and sauce. Bring to boil. Turn off heat. Return beef and any cooking juices to wok with sour cream. Stir to combine
- Serve beef mixture over pasta with extra sour cream. Garnish with chives.
When you add the beef, wait for 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying. This allows time for the meat to brown, giving it good colour and flavour.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.8 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|