You'll be raisin' your hands in celebration when you try these incredible little cookies. You'll wonder why you hadn't thought of the combination sooner!
- 225 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cups icing sugar mixture
- 2 tsp rum
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups plain flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup raisins, finely chopped
- ½ cup dark chocolate melts
- Beat butter, sugar and essence in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined. Transfer to a large bowl of an electric mixer. Add combined sifted flour and cocoa, Choc Bits and raisins. Beat on low speed until just combined.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured bench. Knead lightly until smooth. Divide in half. Shape portions into 6cm x 20cm long rectangular logs (3.5cm thick). Wrap separately in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Trim ends of each log. Cut into 1cm-thick slices. Arrange about 3cm apart on two large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°C), swapping trays halfway through, for 18 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Place Dark Choc Melts in a medium, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Transfer chocolate to a medium snap-lock bag. Squeeze into one corner. Twist bag and snip tip of corner. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Stand at room temperature to set.
Dough logs can be frozen for up to two months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before slicing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.8 g|
|- Sugars||18.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|