Try a spin on a pizza with this French variant. Topped with irresistible olive tapenade red onion, you'll be reaching for a second and third slice!
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 red onions, finely sliced
- 3 white onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt flakes to season
- 375 g frozen puff pastry sheets
- 20 anchovy fillets
- 1 lemon, halved
Green olive tapenade
- 175 g pitted olives, chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp large capers
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 fresh long green chilli, chopped
- 2 handfuls parsley, leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced (220°C conventional). Line a large oven tray with baking paper. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and oregano. Season. Cook until softened. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring regularly, for 30 minutes or until caramelised
- Meanwhile, put tapenade ingredients in a food processor. Blitz until a fine paste forms. Set aside.
- Roll pastry until 5–7mm thick. Cut in half to make 2 rectangles. Transfer to prepared tray. Roll edges to crimp into borders.
- Spoon onion mixture in a generous layer over pastry within border. Arrange anchovies on top. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until golden.
- Squeeze over lemon. Dollop tapenade, or make quenelles using 2 spoons. Serve warm or at room temp.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||54.4 g|
|- Sugars||7.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|