These incredible parcels are a perfect blend of sweet and savoury – juicy apricots and orange rind mixed in with onion and herbs is a flavoursome side.
- 50 g butter, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, toasted, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup soft dried apricots (80g), finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp finely grated orange rind
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil cooking spray
- roasted whole chicken
- steamed green beans
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick frying pan over a medium heat until bubbling. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Transfer to a large bowl
- Add breadcrumbs, macadamias, apricots, egg, thyme and rind. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls (makes about 20). Place on a large, oiled oven tray. Spray with cooking oil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 20 minutes, or until a light golden brown.
- Serve with roasted chicken and steamed green beans.
To make breadcrumbs, pulse bread in a food processor to form coarse crumbs. Try replacing thyme with rosemary, and macadamias with pine nuts.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.0 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|