Apple and caramel is an unbeatable combination, and the extra crunch in this recipe really takes the cake. Sink your teeth into a new dessert experience.
- 6 Golden Delicious apples
- 50 g unsalted butter, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ⅔ cup pure cream
- ½ x 250 g packet ginger nut biscuits
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Peel and core apples. Cut apples into quarters.
- Melt butter in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add apples and sugar. Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cream. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until apples are tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, place biscuits in a large, snap-lock bag. Seal. Gently pound with a rolling pin until coarsely crushed.
- Sprinkle biscuits over apples in pan. Serve with vanilla ice-cream (optional).
Biscuits can be replaced with any other variety of plain, sweet biscuits. If using plain biscuits, try adding 1/2 tsp mixed spice for extra flavour.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.4 g|
|- Sugars||42.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.9 g|