It's a bacon and asparagus frittata that everyone will love – with inviting tasty cheese and fresh parsley, it's impossible to resist this scrumptious dinner.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200 g bacon rashers, trimmed, cut into 2 cm slices
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4 cm lengths
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Lightly oil a 20cm round, ovenproof dish (6-cup capacity). Place on an oven tray
- Heat a lightly oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Snap off the woody end from each asparagus spear. Cut asparagus into 4cm lengths, separating the tips.
- Whisk eggs in a large jug until combined. Stir into bacon mix with asparagus lengths and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley (optional).
- Pour into prepared dish. Scatter asparagus tips over the top.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for about 25 minutes, or until just set and top is golden brown.
- Serve cut into wedges.
For a change, add chopped, roasted vegetables such as pumpkin, potatoes or carrots instead of asparagus, or try replacing parsley with chives.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3.5 g|
|- Sugars||2.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|