These chocolate cappuccino cakes will have you charging through the rest of your day. Sometimes, all you need is a little pick-me-up in a sweet, baked form!
- melted unsalted butter, for greasing
- 100 g unsalted butter, chopped
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate melts
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- aerosol whipped cream to serve
- drinking chocolate powder, to decorate
- Grease six microwave-safe cups or dishes (300ml-cup capacity) with melted butter.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (70 per cent), stirring halfway through, for about 1½ minutes, or until smooth
- Meanwhile, dissolve coffee in water. Add to chocolate mixture with sugar. Whisk until combined.
Cool for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in eggs, then flour, until combined. Divide evenly among the prepared cups.
- Arrange half the cups on the outer edge of the turntable in the microwave.
- Microwave on medium (50 per cent) for about 3½ minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean and cake is firm to touch. Remove. Stand for 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining cups.
- Serve dolloped with whipped cream. Dust with sifted drinking chocolate.
For a change, try drizzling caramel sauce over cooked cakes. Make sure the cups are placed on the outer edge of the turntable so cakes cook evenly.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.0 g|
|- Sugars||28.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|