Fruity and nutty, these puddings sauce themselves! Enjoy on a cold winter's night for optimal effect – you'll love the combination of flavours and textures.
- melted unsalted butter, for greasing
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ⅔ cup self-raising flour
- 100 ml boiling water
- icing sugar mixture
- Grease four microwave-safe dishes (350ml-cup capacity) with melted butter.
- Place eggs, butter, rind, 2/3 cup of the sugar and 2 tbsps of the juice in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add coconut and flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Divide evenly among prepared dishes. Sprinkle over remaining sugar (about 1 tbsp on each).
- Combine remaining juice and water in a jug. Slowly pour over the back of a metal spoon held close to the top of the puddings so sugar is covered. Arrange dishes on the outer edge of the turntable in the microwave.
- Microwave, uncovered, on medium (50 per cent) for about 9 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. The edges of the puddings will still be sticky. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve puddings dusted with sifted icing sugar.
To make this as one large pudding, pour mixture into an 8-cup capacity microwave-proof bowl. Cook for 9-10 minutes on 50% power or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
These puddings are best cooked in round-based rice bowls that are microwave safe.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||68.6 g|
|- Sugars||51.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|