This classic Indian-style dish is a perfect dinner for those who don't like a lot of spiciness. Enjoy the creamy sauce over tender chicken, with fluffy rice.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 485 g butter chicken sauce
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup light cooking cream
- 450 g packet microwave basmati rice
- ⅓ cup sultanas
- 2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove.
- Add onion to same pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in sauce and tomatoes. Return chicken. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil for 12 minutes. Stir in cream. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place rice in a microwave-proof bowl. Break up with a fork. Stir in sultanas and ¼ cup water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Stir in onions.
- Ser ve chicken with sultana rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||119.7 g|
|- Sugars||21.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|