This baked stuffed tomato recipe is so easy to make and packed with Moroccan spice flavour. Serve it with a simple salad or roast chicken for a heartier meal.
- 250 g microwaveable brown rice
- 250 g quinoa
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- ¼ cup currants
- 3 tsp Moroccan spice blend
- ½ tsp grated fresh lemon rind
- 8 x 120 g vine-ripened tomatoes
- 80 g firm feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat rice mix according to packet directions. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool slightly. Add almonds, coriander, currants, seasoning and rind. Stir to combine.
- Cut tops off tomatoes. Discard. Trim bases to sit flat. Scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/2cm-thick shell. Finely chop 1/2 cup of the flesh.
- Add chopped tomato to rice mixture with feta. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into tomatoes, pressing down firmly (1/3 cup in each). Place tomatoes in an oiled roasting pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for about 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves.
Uncooked stuffed tomatoes can be made up to several hours ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.7 g|
|- Sugars||6.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|