Try a creamy coconut option for breakfast with this superb semolina. You won't be able to resist the flavours of the berries mixed in, and it only takes 10 mins!
- 65 g semolina
- 375 ml unsweetened reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 150 g frozen mixed berries
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp flaked coconut, toasted
- Put the semolina, coconut milk and chia seeds in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, put berries, water and sugar in a small microwave- safe dish. Cover and cook on High/ 100% for 2-3 minutes or until berries are defrosted and warm.
- Divide the mixture between 2 serving bowls. Serve topped with berries, their juices and coconut.
To toast the coconut, dry fry in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||57.5 g|
|- Sugars||34.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.9 g|