This pudding sauces for itself! You won't deny that the irresistible flavour combo is one of the best you've had. In fact, we're positively passionate about it.
- cooking spray
- 175 g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 20 g desiccated coconut
- 125 ml skim milk
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 passionfruit, pulp removed
- 60 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp gluten-free cornflour
- 4 passionfruit, pulp strained and reserved
- boiling water
- Preheat oven to 170 C (fan-forced). Spray a 1.5L (6-cup) ovenproof dish with cooking spray. Place on a baking tray. Whisk the flour, sugar, coconut, milk, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir in the passionfruit pulp. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- To make the sauce, combine sugar and cornflour, and evenly sprinkle over cake batter. Put the passionfruit juice in a heatproof jug and pour in enough boiling water to reach 375ml (1 1/2 cups). Pour carefully over the back of a metal spoon to cover cake batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes. Scoop pudding into serving bowls. Add reserved passionfruit seeds to the sauce in the bottom of the dish. Serve pudding topped with passionfruit sauce.
PER SERVE: 660kJ, protein 4g, total fat 2.4g (sat. fat 1.6g), carbs 28g, fibre 3g, sodium 208mg, Carb exchanges 2 GI estimate medium Gluten free
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.4 g|
|- Sugars||13.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|