It's 'berry' good, but you won't know quite how delicious it is until you try it. Using special berry bread, it's extra fruity, and extra scrumptious.
- 8 slices gluten-free sunflower and red quinoa bread
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sugar strawberry jam
- 4 eggs
- 375 ml low-fat milk
- ground cinnamon
- 300 g frozen berries, defrosted
- 60 g brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp demerara sugar
- Spray a 2L (8-cup) ovenproof dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with a thin layer of strawberry spread. Cut each slice into 4 triangles. Whisk eggs, milk and a pinch of cinnamon in a jug.
- Arrange half the bread triangles over base of the dish. Top with half the berries and half the brown sugar. Top with remaining bread triangles, berries and brown sugar. Pour over egg mixture and push the bread down slightly to soak up the liquid. Place dish on a baking tray and set aside for 30 minutes to allow the bread to absorb more liquid.
- Preheat oven to 170 C (fan-forced). Sprinkle demerara sugar and a little cinnamon over top of the pudding. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is light golden brown and the pudding is set. Set aside for 15 minutes before serving.
PER SERVE: 733kJ, protein 6g, total fat 4.6g (sat. fat 1.1g), carbs 27g, fibre 2g, sodium 165mg, Carb exchanges 1 3/4 GI estimate medium Gluten free
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.0 g|
|- Sugars||18.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|