Chicken and mushroom are not the only fabulous flavours to be found in this risotto... everyone will love the fusion of vegie flavours and hint of cheese.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 210 g Doongara rice
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 salt-reduced chicken stock cube
- 2 ¼ cups boiling water
- 500 g chicken tenderloins, skinless, trimmed of fat, sinew removed
- 25 g baby rocket leaves
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- grated fresh lemon zest
- dill sprigs, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 C (fan-forced). Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium stoveproof and ovenproof dish over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 6-7 minutes or the onion softens.
- Add the rice and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the combined stock cube and water. Cover and bring to a simmer. Transfer dish to the oven. Cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side, or until almost cooked. Diagonally slice the chicken and set aside.
- Remove the risotto from the oven. Place the chicken and rocket on top of the rice. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Toss the chicken and rocket through the rice with the Parmesan and pepper. Top with lemon zest and dill or parsley, if you like.
PER SERVE: 1666kJ, protein 35g, fat 6g (sat fat 1.7g), carbs 47g, fibre 6g, sodium 374mg. Carb exchange 3. Estimated GI low. Gluten free.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||46.7 g|
|- Sugars||4.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.7 g|