This is a classic chicken recipe… but have you tried it with leg ham? You won't find a cheesier, more delicious weeknight meal to feed the whole family.
- 4 x 200 g chicken breast fillets
- ⅓ cup basil pesto
- 150 g shaved leg ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 60 g baby rocket leaves
- 2 Tbsp balsamic dressing
- cracked black pepper, to garnish
- 800 g brushed potatoes, peeled, washed, chopped
- 50 g butter, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make mash, cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Coarsely mash. Add butter. Stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place each chicken fillet between two sheets of baking paper. Gently pound with a meat mallet to slightly flatten to an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
- Transfer to an oven tray. Spread each fillet with 1 tblsp pesto. Top with ham, then cheese.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, toss rocket with dressing in a bowl.
- Garnish chicken with cracked black pepper. Serve with rocket and mash.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|