Did you know that cheesecake could be slow cooked? It makes the process less-effort. Try this twist on a fave classic and up your cheesecake recipe game!
- ½ x 250 g packet butternut snap cookies
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 x 250 g blocks cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs
- 250 g tub sour cream
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- Invert base of a 20cm round springform pan (base measuring 18cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper. Cover outside of pan in two layers of plastic wrap, then foil.
- Process biscuits and almonds in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate.
- Process cream cheese, sugar and rind in same, clean food processor until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, processing until combined. Add sour cream and flour. Process until smooth. Pour over biscuit base.
- Place a small, heatproof bowl (4cm deep) upside down in the centre of a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre slow cooker. Sit springform pan on the bowl. Pour in enough boiling water (about 5 cups), until it touches the base of the springform pan. Cover slow cooker with lid.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours and 30 minutes, or until set. Remove. Stand cheesecake in springform pan for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Serve warm cheesecake with warm sauce.
Make sure springform pan fits in slow cooker before you begin. When wrapping pan in plastic wrap and foil, make sure there are no gaps for water to seep in. Can also be served cold
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.9 g|
|- Sugars||34.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|