Switch up your pasta with some magic meatballs in irresistible cherry tomato sauce. The family are sure to love this beautiful budget-friendly dinner.
- 500 g pork and veal mince
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 375 g fettuccine
- 420 g jar tomato and parmesan pasta sauce
- finely grated Parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Combine mince, olives and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls (makes 24).
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsps oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add meatballs in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Wipe pan clean.
- Add combined sauce and 1/3 cup water to the same pan over a high heat. Return meatballs. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked. Toss through pasta.
- Serve with grated parmesan (optional).
Meatballs can be cooked up to one day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Any shaped pasta can be used in this
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||97.0 g|
|- Sugars||12.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.5 g|