It's green, and it's good! Try this delicious soup for a warming lunch or dinner meal the whole family will fall for.
- 1 kg broccoli
- 1 leek
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large potato, peeled, chopped
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1 litre chicken stock or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- light sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Rinse broccoli under cold water. Cut florets from stem. Trim stem, half lengthways and thinly slice.
- Cut off root and tough green top from leek. Peel off the outer layer, then cut through the green top to about 6mm from the white part. Rinse well under cold water, spreading the leaves to remove grit. Cut into thin slices
- Heat oil in a stockpot over a medium heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add broccoli florets and stem, potato, chilli and stock. Bring to boil. Boil gently, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Using a stick mixer, blend soup in the stockpot until pureed, or blend in batches in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup swirled with sour cream and extra chilli flakes.
If pureeing soup in a blender, return to stockpot and reheat. Add a little water if soup gets too thick.
It can be made up to 3 days ahead and kept in the fridge. Alternatively, this soup can be frozen prior to adding the sour cream.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.1 g|
|- Sugars||3.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.7 g|