You've never had a frittata like this before! Whip it up for a decadent-but-simple cafe-style breakfast or brunch on the weekend.
- 3 egg yolks
- 500 g fresh ricotta
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp self-raising flour
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- banana, sliced, to serve
- fresh strawberries, sliced, to serve
- toasted coconut flakes, to serve
- honey, to serve
- Invert base of a 24cm springform pan (base measuring 22cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edge.
- Beat yolks, ricotta and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Fold in coconut and flour.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl of an electric mixer until frothy. With motor operating, gradually beat in sugar until dissolved and meringue is thick and glossy.
- In two batches, fold meringue into ricotta mixture until just combined. Spoon into pan. Smooth top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly golden and cooked when tested. Remove. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Remove side. Stand for a further 15 minutes.
- To serve, top warm frittata with fruit and toasted coconut. Drizzle with honey.
Frittata is best made on the day of serving. It can also be served at room temperature. Fresh ricotta is available from the deli counter of supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.1 g|
|- Sugars||21.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|