Up your nacho game with this easy-as-pie nacho bake! It's pull-apart and cheesy, just the way you (and your family) love it!
- 175 g packet white corn chips, crushed
- 1 ½ cups grated Mexican-style cheese blend
- guacamole, to serve
- tomatoes, chopped, to serve
- sour cream, to serve (optional)
- coriander, to garnish
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g beef mince
- 30 g sachet taco seasoning mix
- 425 g canned Mexican beans
- 435 g jar mild salsa
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 25cm round ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity).
- To make filling, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, capsicum and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Add beef. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add undrained beans and salsa. Mix well. Bring to boil. Boil gently, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander. Spoon into prepared dish.
- Combine corn chips with ½ cup of the cheese in a large bowl. Scatter over filling. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cook in preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with guacamole, chopped tomatoes and sour cream. Garnish with extra coriander
Beef filling can be made up to two days ahead. Keep covered in the fridge. Try serving filling with burritos and cheese, omitting chips
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.3 g|
|- Sugars||6.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.7 g|