You're going to love these fritters, because they're so simple! In just 30 mins you can have some crispy Mexican goodness on the table, ready for a light meal, snack or finger food…
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 g tub sour cream
- 375 g jar chunky medium salsa
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 Tbsp Mexican seasoning
- 410 g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- avocado, sliced, to serve (optional)
- Whisk eggs, ½ cup of the sour cream and 1/3 cup of the salsa in a jug until combined.
- Sift flour and seasoning into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add egg mixture, corn, capsicum and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat 1 tblsp of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon 2 heaped tblsps of mixture into pan, spreading slightly to make a fritter about 6cm in diameter. Repeat to make another 3 fritters
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture and oil to make 12 fritters in total.
- Serve warm fritters with remaining sour cream and salsa, and sliced avocado (optional).
Keep fritters warm by placing on an oven tray in a very slow oven (120C) until ready to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.9 g|
|- Sugars||5.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.2 g|