This tasty Cajun salmon is a healthy dinner or lunch option that the whole family will love.
- 3 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 180 g fresh skinless salmon fillets, bones removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- char-grilled sourdough bread, to serve (optional)
Tomato and avocado salad
- 2 large tomatoes, halved, sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 60 g baby rocket leaves, washed
- ⅓ cup drained, canned fire-roasted capsicum strips
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Combine seasoning and half the oil in a small bowl. Mix well. Brush over salmon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Cook salmon for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove.
- Meanwhile, make salad. Combine tomatoes, avocado, rocket, capsicum and onion in a large bowl. Whisk vinegar and remaining oil in a small jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over salad. Toss to combine.
- Serve salmon with salad and char-grilled bread.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||66.4 g|
|- Sugars||7.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.6 g|