This irresistible goulash has mushrooms and capsicums for an added flavour hit. The mash is super creamy – just the way we like it!
- 500 g boneless pork loin steaks, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 300 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup drained, chopped canned fire-roasted capsicum strips
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup sour cream
- mashed potato, to serve
- steamed broccoli, to serve
- Toss pork with combined flour and paprika in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pork in 2 batches. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Add onion to same pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms and capsicums. Cook, stirring for a further 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft.
- Return pork to pan with stock. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. Season.
- Serve pork and sauce with mashed potato and steamed broccoli.
For mash: Boil 1kg chopped potatoes until tender. Drain. Mash smooth in pan. Add 1/3 cup hot milk and 50g butter. Stir over a low heat until liquid is absorbed.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.2 g|
|- Sugars||9.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.8 g|