If you're looking for a show-stopping, magical cake – look no further! Everyone will love this creative party spin.
- 3 x 440 g packets golden butter cake mix
- 50 g ready-to-roll white icing
- 50 g ready-to-roll pink icing
- ½ cup white chocolate melts, melted
- 1 ice cream cone
- edible gold glimmer sugar
- rainbow sprinkles
- pink and white sugar pearls
- sugar flowers
- licorice strap
- 300 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 3 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 250 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 2 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
- 1 Tbsp milk
- pink food colouring gel, plus purple
- Grease three x 20cm round cake pans. Line bases and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Prepare cake mixes, one at a time, according to packet directions, reserving icing sachets for another use. Spoon each into a cake pan. Smooth tops
- Cook two cakes in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Remove. Stand in pans for 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining cake.
- To make ears, roll out white icing between two sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a 6.5cm leaf cutter, cut out two shapes. Repeat with pink icing, using a 4cm leaf cutter. Place pink shapes onto white shapes. Stand at room temperature for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Spoon chocolate over wafer cone to cover, allowing excess to drip away. Sprinkle with shimmer powder. Stand upright to set.
- To make frosting, beat butter in a small bowl of an electric mixer until pale. Beat in sugar, ½ cup
at a time, until smooth. Beat in milk. Set aside.
- To make coloured frosting, repeat method for frosting. Divide between two bowls. Tint one pink and the other purple using gels. Alternately spoon both frostings into a piping bag fitted with a 15mm star nozzle. Twist top.
- To assemble, trim top of cakes to sit flat. Sandwich together with ¼ cup frosting between each one, on a cake board. Spread top and side with remaining frosting.
- Place cone on cake. Pipe coloured frosting on top and down one side for hair. Decorate with pearls and icing flowers. Insert ears
- Cut two x 0.5cm wide x 4cm lengths from licorice. Arrange on cake for eyelids. Cut eight x 0.5cm wide x 0.5cm lengths. Arrange on eyelids for lashes.
Edible gold shimmer powder is available from major supermarkets or cake decorating stores.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||63.3 g|
|- Sugars||53.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.0 g|