This flavoursome dish is a winner chicken dinner that your family will love. Best of all, it only takes 30 mins. Yay!
- 800 g sweet potato, scrubbed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp coriander paste
- 3 green spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 12 chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 2 x 100 g packets couscous with chargrilled vegetables
- ½ x 180 g baby salad leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Cut potato into 1.5cm rounds. Place in a shallow, microwave-safe bowl with 2 tblsps water. Cover. Cook on high (100 per cent) for 5
minutes. Drain. Toss in 1 tblsp of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread out on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 tblsp of the oil into a large bowl with paste, onions, garlic and juice. Mix well. Reserve 2 tblsps in a small bowl.
- Add chicken to remaining coriander mixture. Toss well to coat. Season.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken in two batches, adding remaining oil with second batch. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove.
- Place couscous in a large, heatproof bowl. Add 1 1/3 cups boiling water. Stir well. Stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in reserved coriander mixture. Add sweet potato and salad leaves. Toss to combine.
- Serve chicken with sweet potato couscous and lime wedges
If sweet potato slices are large, cut in half before microwaving. If you prefer, replace lime with lemon
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.1 g|
|- Sugars||6.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.4 g|