Mamma mia! This Italian version of lamb cutlets contains irresistible herbs and char-grilled capsicum, and it's ready in just 30 minutes.
- 800 g washed baby red potatoes, quartered
- 8 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- ¼ cup Italian herb paste
- 200 g green beans, trimmed
- 180 g tub canned marinated capsicum strips, drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes and 2 tblsps water in a large, microwave-safe dish. Cover. Cook on high (100 per cent), stirring halfway through, 50 for about 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, toss lamb with paste in a bowl.
- Heat a large, oiled frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook, for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Place beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Add to potatoes with capsicum and parsley.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a jug. Pour over potato mixture. Toss to coat.
- Serve lamb with salad and lemon wedges.
Lamb cutlets can be replaced with lamb leg steaks.
Find herbs paste in the refrigerated fruit and veg section of major supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.4 g|
|- Sugars||7.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.2 g|