You'll be peachy-keen to try this perfect polenta cake.
- 3 peaches
- 3 large eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 3 unwaxed lime s
- 150 g fine polenta
- 175 g pistachios, finely blitzed in a food processor or mini chopper
- 150 g salted butter, melted, cooled slightly, plus extra for greasing
For the topping
- 1 peach
- 150 ml Greek yoghurt
- 25 g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Put the 3 peaches into a small saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer for about 25 minutes, or until soft. Drain, then immediately plunge the peaches into cold water to cool them. Remove the stones, drain any excess water, then blitz the flesh in a blender until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan), Gas Mark 4. Grease a 23cm springform cake tin and line it with baking paper. Beat the eggs and sugar together in a bowl. Finely grate the zest of 2½ of the limes directly into the bowl. Add the polenta and blitzed pistachios, then mix well. Stir in the cooled melted butter and, lastly, the peach purée. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 45–50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin or overnight.
- Remove the cake from the tin and place it on a serving plate. Prepare the topping just before you are ready to serve. Spread the Greek yogurt straight from the refrigerator over the surface of the cake. Alternatively if you’re not going to eat the whole cake in one sitting you can slice the cake into portions and top each slice individually – see Tip.
- Slice the peach and arrange on top of the yogurt. Scatter over the pistachios and finely grate the zest of the remaining lime half over the top. Drizzle over the honey and serve immediately.
Leftover cake refrigerates incredibly well covered in clingfilm, but bring it to room temperature to serve. You can always add
the yogurt and topping to individual slices just before serving.
This recipe is an extract from Feasts by Sabrina Ghayour (published by Hachette Australia, RRP $39.99) available in stores nationally.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45.2 g|
|- Sugars||31.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|