Enjoy this vegetarian wonder with crusty bread for maximum deliciousness! Make a large batch and freeze in individual portions for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 x 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 large zucchini, finely chopped
- ½ cup risoni
- salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add paste and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas and stock. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add zucchini and risoni. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for a further 10 minutes, or until risoni is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide among soup bowls. Garnish with pepper.
Soup will thicken on standing as pasta continues to absorb liquid. Serve immediately, or add extra stock to thin out when reheating.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.8 g|
|- Sugars||12.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.1 g|