Who needs a bun when the insides are this delicious? Enjoy these Thai-riffic burgers with friends.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled, shredded
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, shredded
- ⅔ cup fresh coriander
- 8 baby cos lettuce leaves, trimmed, washed
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- 500 g chicken mince
- ⅓ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 3 green spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- To make patties, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Divide into four equal portions. Shape into 8cm round patties. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add patties. Cover with lid. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove.
- Meanwhile, combine carrot, cucumber and coriander in a medium bowl.
- Place a patty on two lettuce leaves. Drizzle with sweet chilli. Top with carrot mixture.
Chicken mince can be replaced with pork mince. Uncooked patties can be made up to one day ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.0 g|
|- Sugars||4.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|