Move over, cold salads – it's time to enjoy a warmer dish!
- 1 kg baby red potatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp mild paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 200 g rindless shortcut bacon rashers, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 100 g soft feta, crumbled
- Boil or microwave potatoes, until just tender. Drain. Place into a large bowl with combined oil, paprika and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place in a large, roasting pan lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), turning halfway through, for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, medium frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until crisp. Remove. Drain bacon on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Cook peas in a medium saucepan of boiling water for about 2 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Coarsely mash.
- Toss bacon, peas and feta through potatoes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Serve salad warm.
This recipe is…
- Raw food
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.9 g|
|- Sugars||2.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|