Tasty food that's really good for you is the best menu plan ever. This deliciously easy curry fits the bill and is quick to make.
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch ground chilli powder
- 500 g pork fillet, fat trimmed, diced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 6cm piece ginger, cut into fine batons
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 12 fresh curry leaves
- ½ cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- ½ cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 75 g raw cashews, unsalted, finely chopped
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup green peas
- ¾ cup brown rice, cooked, to serve
- bean sprouts, to serve
- coriander, to serve
- green shallots, sliced, to serve
- Combine spices in a large bowl. Add pork fillet and mix well. Set aside. Heat oil in large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic and curry leaves. Cook, stirring regularly, for 3 minutes. Add pork and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes or until pork is browned.
- Add stock, coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to a simmer. Add pineapple and cashews and simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly and pork is cooked through.
- Add snow peas and peas and cook for another 2 minutes. Divide rice and curry between serving bowls. To serve, top curry with sprouts, coriander and shallots.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||46.4 g|
|- Sugars||8.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.1 g|