Your barbecue lunch will zing with the zesty addition of this citrus and herby side.
- 4 x veal T-bone steaks
- sea salt flakes and pepper to season
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cob corn
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, deseeded, diced
- 4 green shallots, sliced
- ½ bunch basil, leaves picked, torn
- 1 orange, peeled, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ bunch thyme, leaves picked
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 125 g unsalted butter
- Preheat barbecue grill plate to medium. Season steaks generously then rub with 1⁄2 of the oil. Cook on grill, turning regularly, for 4 minutes each side then stand upright on flat part of bone and cook for a further 4 minutes. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, rub corn with remaining oil and cook, turning regularly, on grill for 5 minutes or until lightly blackened. Cut kernels off cobs and put in a large bowl. Add capsicum, onion, tomato, shallots, basil and orange, then stir to combine. Season with salt.
- Use a mortar and pestle to pound garlic, thyme, anchovy fillets and a little salt to form a paste. Add butter and continue pounding until smooth. Season with salt and a very generous amount of pepper. Serve steaks with a spoon of salsa and butter, with remaining salsa on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||21.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.3 g|
|- Sugars||7.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|