Adding garlic-infused oil to the free-range egg mixture creates a delicious cheat's aioli with just a couple of drops. Yum!
- 2 Tbsp dried apricots, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp sherry (or apera)
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ¼ cup free-range mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tbsp garlic olive oil
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 cups oak lettuce leaves
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- potato chips, to serve
- tomato sauce, to serve
- Combine apricots and sherry or apera in a small bowl then set aside for 10 minutes to marinate. Put eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to a boil over a high heat. Cook for 5 minutes then refresh eggs in iced water.
- Put 1 egg in a glass jar half filled with cold water, fit lid and shake thoroughly to partially remove shell. Remove egg from water and peel away shell. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Crush eggs with fork and mix with curry powder, mayonnaise, oil, shallots and apricot mixture
- Spread ½ of the bread slices with egg mixture and arrange oak lettuce and alfalfa on top. Sandwich together with remaining bread. Serve with chips and ketchup on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.0 g|
|- Sugars||8.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.6 g|