The simple things in life, like baked apples, are the best – just add spice for extra flavour. Divine!
- 50 g butter, to grease
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, halved
- 5 Beurre Bosc pears, peeled, halved, leave stalks in one half
- 100 ml verjuice
- 120 g maple syrup
- juice of ½ lemon
- 200 g clotted cream, to serve
- 100 g rolled oats
- 50 g plain flour
- 50 g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 100 g brown sugar
- 120 g butter
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 180 ̊C fan-forced (200 ̊C conventional). Line an oven tray with baking paper. Grease base and sides of a baking dish with butter. Put apples and pears in prepared dish.
- In a small saucepan, bring verjuice, maple syrup and lemon juice to a simmer. Stir. Pour over fruit and bake for 30 minutes or until tender and slightly coloured.
- To make crumb, put all ingredients in a large bowl. Rub together to combine. Spread over prepared tray. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Divide cooked fruit among serving bowls. Crumble over clove crumb and serve with clotted cream.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||35.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||97.3 g|
|- Sugars||71.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||12.3 g|