This pasta is made in one pan, making it so easy to prepare for a family weeknight dinner. Ricotta adds a cheesy touch!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 200 g short cut bacon rashers, cut into 2 cm slices
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 350 g jar vegetable pasta sauce
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 375 g rigatoni
- 150 g fresh ricotta
- ½ cup torn fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh basil, to garnish
- Heat oil in a stockpot over a medium to high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Add wine. Bring to boil.
- Stir in sauce, tomatoes, stock and pasta. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and liquid is almost absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in ricotta and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately garnished with basil.
For a vegetarian option, omit bacon and stir in char-grilled eggplant and capsicum. Rigatoni can be replaced with penne, if preferred.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||83.6 g|
|- Sugars||12.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.4 g|