Up your baked potato game with these cheesy little parcels – they're the ideal side to any meat or vegie dish.
- 10 small brushed potatoes, scrubbed, washed
- cooking oil spray
- 150 g short cut bacon rashers, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded tasty cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika, to taste
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Cook potatoes in a stockpot of boiling water for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Stand until cool enough to handle. Cut in half lengthways.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out flesh from potatoes, leaving a 0.5cm thick shell. Coarsely mash flesh. Place 1 1⁄2 cups flesh into a large bowl. Reserve remaining for another recipe.
- Arrange potato skins, cut side up, on a large, oiled oven tray. Spray with oil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden. Remove.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in an oiled frying pan over a high heat, stirring until golden. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Add to potato flesh with cream, onions and half the cheese. Season. Stir to combine.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of potato mixture into skins on tray. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese, then paprika.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until skins are crisp.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce (optional).
Don’t overcook potatoes in step 1 or skin will peel away. Pierce to check when tender. Potatoes can be prepared to the end of Step 2, up to one day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.4 g|
|- Sugars||3.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.6 g|