Make your oodles-of-noodles dish even better with the addition of Teriyaki chicken – it's a real crowd-pleaser!
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp finely grated ginger
- 200 g packet dried Thai rice noodles, broken into smaller lengths
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- ⅓ cup teriyaki marinade (+ teriyaki sauce)
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- Trim chicken. Cut crossways into 3cm wide slices.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to pan with onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until onion is soft. Return chicken with noodles and combined stock, sauce and 1⁄4 cup water.
- Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil for 2 minutes. Stir to combine. Re-cover. Gently boil for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in broccolini and asparagus. Re-cover. Gently boil for 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately.
Best cooked in a deep frying pan. Prepare chicken and veg up to one day ahead. Keep, covered separately, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||49.7 g|
|- Sugars||5.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|