Make artichokes a stunning side to your main dish – you'll love these bits of buttery goodness!
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 4 globe artichokes
- 100 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley
- sea salt flakes and pepper to season
- grated Parmesan, to serve
- Squeeze 1 lemon half into a bowl of cold water. Trim artichoke stems to 3cm. Cut 2cm from the top of each artichoke. Peel away two layers of coarse outer leaves, so pale-green leaves are exposed. Trim around base. Cut 1 artichoke in half lengthways. Cut out and discard the hairy choke. Rub surface with lemon, then submerge in lemon water while preparing remaining artichokes to avoid discolouring.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Squeeze remaining lemon half into water. Add artichokes and gently boil for 30 minutes or until tender when centre is pierced with the tip of a knife. Drain.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Arrange artichokes on a platter. Spoon over garlic butter and season. Serve with parmesan.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3.9 g|
|- Sugars||0.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|