Try this for a change on your regular cauliflower side – it's a whole cauliflower topped with a delicious dressing… irresistible!
- 1 kg whole cauliflower
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 peeled garlic clove, halved
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley, to serve
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- salt and cracked pepper, for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut stalk, and most of coarse outer leaves, from cauliflower. Cut shallow cross in base of stalk with tip of knife.
- Crush coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic and salt in a mortar and pestle. Add oil and stir to combine. Place cauliflower in a small roasting dish. Drizzle and rub oil mixture all over cauliflower.
- Add water to roasting dish. Cover dish completely with foil and roast for 1 hour. Uncover and roast for a further 25 minutes or until browned and stalk is tender when pierced with a small knife.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the top of the cauliflower and return to oven for 10 minutes or until melted.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small jug.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and transfer to serving dish. Pour dressing over and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Cauliflower can be roasted up to 4 hours ahead and reheated in oven. Drizzle over dressing just before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3.2 g|
|- Sugars||2.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|