If you're tired of the same steak every week, why not switch things up with a side of mushrooms and green peppercorn sauce? It's delicious and different!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 200 g beef sirloin steaks, trimmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 x 100 g mushrooms, trimmed
- cracked black pepper, to serve
- ½ cup creme fraiche
- 3 tsp canned green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside
- Brush half the oil over both sides of steaks. Season with salt and pepper
- Cook on a heated barbecue grill plate over a medium to high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until steaks are cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, brush remaining oil over mushrooms and asparagus. Add mushrooms, stem-side down, and asparagus to same grill plate. Cook, turning halfway through, for about 5 minutes, or until tender
- Serve steaks topped with mushrooms, asparagus, sauce and cracked black pepper.
Green peppercorns are canned fresh in brine. Retain the brine and store any leftover peppercorns in a screw-top jar in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||4.9 g|
|- Sugars||4.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|