Serve as a snack or dessert, and let everyone help themselves!
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 100 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped, unsalted macadamia nuts
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup cream
- Trace a 25cm-diameter circle onto a sheet of baking paper. Place on a greased, large oven
tray, trace-side down.
- Place flour, sugar, butter, cocoa, soda, egg and vanilla in a food processor. Process until mixture forms a soft dough. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chocolate and nuts
- Place dough in the centre of the circle on prepared tray. Using your fingertips, press dough out
to the edge of the circle.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm to touch in the centre. Remove from oven. Cool cookie on tray.
- To make chocolate sauce, combine chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove.
- Serve cookie with ice-cream and warm chocolate sauce.
Cookie and sauce can be made up to three days ahead. Store cookie in an airtight container at room temperature, or wrap in plastic wrap, then foil. Keep sauce, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||64.5 g|
|- Sugars||46.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|