Crushed sweet potato is a slightly different take on a classic side that emphasises the terrific Tuscan flavours in the tender steak… yum!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Tuscan seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 x 200 g beef sirloin steaks
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- steamed green beans
Crushed sweet potato
- 800 g sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 25 g butter, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To make potatoes, cook sweet potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pan with butter. Stir gently to crush. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, seasoning and garlic in a large bowl. Add beef. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Return same pan to a high heat. Add combined vinegar and ½ cup water. Bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes, or until slightly reduced.
- Serve steaks with crushed sweet potato and beans. Pour over pan juices.
Sirloin can be replaced with rump, if preferred. For a change, replace parsley with chopped fresh chives
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.7 g|
|- Sugars||8.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|