If you love sausages, and you love pasta, this dish is for you! You'll wonder why you haven't combined the two before.
- 375 g rigatoni
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g lamb sausages, cut diagonally into 1 cm pieces
- 680 g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- ½ cup drained, canned fire-roasted capsicum strips
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup grated four cheese sauce mix
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add sausages. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned. Stir in sauce and capsicum. Bring to boil. Stir in pasta and basil.
- Transfer to a large, ovenproof dish (12-cup capacity). Sprinkle over cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Serve.
Pasta and sausage mixture can be cooked up to one day ahead. Keep, covered, separately in the fridge.
Assemble dish just before cooking
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||119.1 g|
|- Sugars||21.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.6 g|