You've never had fritters quite this yummy! They're a little crispy, and very flavoursome with sundried tomato and sweet corn.
- 420 g canned corn kernels, drained
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sundried tomato mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup grated tasty cheese
- ⅓ cup self-raising flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- fresh basil, to serve
- To make fritters, combine corn, onion, mayonnaise and basil in a large bowl. Add egg, cheese and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add ¼ cup corn mixture. Using the back of a spoon, press down gently to shape into a round. Repeat to make another three fritters.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat with remaining oil and corn mixture
- Serve warm fritters with extra mayonnaise. Garnish with basil leaves.
We used Praise Deli Style Sundried Tomato Mayonnaise.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.6 g|
|- Sugars||2.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|