These Greek-style steaks include hummus and feta, along with the delicious flavours of zucchini and olives.
- 4 x 200 g beef sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 280 g jar mixed olives and Greek feta
- 2 medium zucchini, diagonally cut into 1 cm slices
- 2 red capsicum, cut into long thin strips
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 120 g bag fresh baby spinach leaves
- hummus, to serve
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, oiled, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Wipe pan clean.
- Meanwhile, drain olives and feta, reserving 1 tblsp oil. Discard rosemary. Cut olives in half.
- Reheat cleaned pan over a medium heat. Add reserved oil, zucchini, capsicums and cumin. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in olives, feta and spinach. Season.
- Serve thickly sliced beef over hummus with zucchini mixture
Olives and feta are also available from the deli counter of supermarkets. Beef can be replaced with chicken breast fillets. Cooking time may vary
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3.7 g|
|- Sugars||4.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.1 g|