Soft potato gnocchi gets a Mediterranean spin with this scrumptious meal.
- 700 g packet fresh gnocchi
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 2 cm slices
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 290 g jars ajvar relish
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- baby rocket, to serve
- Cook gnocchi according to packet directions. Drain
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add eggplant and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until eggplant is just tender.
- Add relish, tomatoes and ½ cup water. Stir until hot. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in gnocchi and half the parmesan.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish (10- cup capacity). Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Serve with rocket leaves.
Try adding chopped salami or bacon with eggplant.
Ajvar paprika relish is available in major supermarkets
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||116.5 g|
|- Sugars||15.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|