Give tender lamb a different side this week – cauliflower rice is a unique way to give your meal some extra oomph!
- 8 lamb mid-loin chops
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Cauliflower rice salad
- 250 g packet cauliflower rice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
- ½ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mango chutney
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make salad, heat a large, oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add cauliflower rice and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool. Wipe pan clean.
- Add cabbage, coriander, almonds and combined oil, vinegar and chutney to cauliflower rice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Meanwhile, toss lamb with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat same clean, oiled pan over a high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Serve lamb with cauliflower rice salad.
Use a mandolin to shred cabbage. Cauliflower rice is available from major supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.5 g|
|- Sugars||10.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|