These classic American burgers are just right for setting the tone of your next get-together – scrumptious!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into 1 cm slices
- 1 small yellow capsicum, cut into 1 cm slices
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g beef mince
- 400 g can canned crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 slices tasty cheese
- 6 brioche burger buns, split
- 6 dill cucumber pickles
- potato chips, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, capsicums and garlic. Cook. Stir occasionally, until soft.
- Add beef. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Stir in tomatoes and chipotle sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until thickened. Uncover. Arrange cheese over top. Cover. Cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate, large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Place buns cut side down. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove.
- Divide beef mixture among bases. Replace tops. Secure pickles to tops with skewers.
- Serve with potato crisps.
We used 15cm bamboo skewers. Brioche buns are available from major supermarkets. If you prefer, toast buns under the oven grill on a chargrill
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.4 g|
|- Sugars||9.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|